All upper gastrointestinal surgical procedures are amenable to treatment by laparoscopic means and in many cases these operations are accepted as the “gold-standard” when compared to conventional open surgery. Laparoscopic upper gastrointestinal surgery has been shown in trials to reduce post operative pain and length of hospital stay as well as to reduce complications and promote an earlier return to normal activities.
Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery
The surgical treatment of diseases of the oesophagus, stomach and small bowel (upper gastrointestinal tract) is performed like -
- Heller's cardiomyotomy for Achlasia cardia
- Nissen's Fundoplication for Gastro-esophageal reflux diseases
- Cruroplasty for Hiatus Hernia
- Cysto-Gastrotomy for pseudopancreatic cyst
- Duodenal perforation repair